The Engagement RingTM
The Engagement RingTM wants to make your experience with us online and in person as satisfactory and safe as possible. Because we may gather certain types of personal information about our contacts and web users, we feel you should fully understand what we do with your information. This policy discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
For your information: The Engagement Ring’s principal place of business is: 2 Rose Cottages, Marsh Lane, Taplow, DL6 0DQ, United Kingdom
Definitions: “The Site”: www.theengagementring.co.uk
What information is collected?
When you engage with us via the Contact Form on our website, or when we meet you in person, we may collect the following information about you.
Telephone number Address
Who is Collecting it?
The Engagement Ring is the Data Controller and you are welcome to contact us at any time to discuss the information we hold on you by emailing [email protected]
Examples of the kind of things you may want to contact us about:
- Request to be deleted from our database
- Request a copy of the information we are holding.
Why is it being collected?
The information we gather is in our opinion the minimum we need in order to respond to your enquiries or to maintain contact with you.
Specifically, it enables us to provide you with timely and relevant information we think you will find helpful and interesting.
How may it be used?
We use your personal data in the following way:
- To conduct business or provide information you have asked for
- To send you Newsletter emails from time to time and to inform you of news, events or support we feel may interest you
- To conduct polls or surveys
Who will it be shared with?
Your contact details may be shared with marketing agencies we employ to manage our marketing and newsletter publications. However, they are not allowed to use or share your information with anyone else.
How to stop being contacted by us
All our emails provide you with the option to tell us you no longer wish to receive communication from us, or, you may email us at any time on [email protected]
How long will we keep your data?
If we have done business with you we may keep your data for up to 5 years in case you return to us, after which time your data will be destroyed.
We may continue to send you our email newsletters until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive them.
How do we safeguard your personal data?
We are serious about protecting your data. That is why we put in place appropriate measures that are designed to prevent unauthorised access to, and misuse of, your personal data.
You will be asked to acknowledge that you are giving consent, for instance if you use the web-based Contact Form. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on [email protected]
Website Privacy & Cookie Notice
- While The Engagement Ring endeavours to include accurate and up to date information in the website, The Engagement Ring makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The Engagement Ring assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
- Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither The Engagement Ring nor its affiliated entities, nor any of its agencies, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site, is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages or losses arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site provided that we do not limit in any way our liability by law caused by our negligence.
- The Engagement Ring also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damage to, or virus that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials provided that we do not limit in any way our liability by law caused by our negligence. Everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON- INFRINGEMENT provided that we do not limit in any way our liability by law caused by our negligence.
- You must not use any registered or unregistered trademarks on the Site without either our prior written permission or the prior written permission of the relevant trademark owner.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. By using the Site you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts (or Scottish courts if you are resident in Scotland) in the event of any dispute.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify you, such as, your name, title, email address, phone number or postal address.
In general, you can browse our web site without giving us any personal information. We use several products to analyse traffic to this web site in order to understand our visitors’ needs and to continually improve our site for them. We collect only anonymous, aggregate statistics. For example, we do not tie a specific visit to a specific IP address.
However, there are additional activities on our site that require you to be registered. For example, to receive our newsletter. As part of the registration process, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about things you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
Links to Other Web Sites
A cookie is a small text file containing information that a web site transfers to your computer's hard disk for record-keeping purposes and allows us to analyse our site traffic patterns. A cookie cannot give us access to your computer or to information beyond what you provide us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies; consult your browser's manual or online help if you want information on restricting or disabling the browser's handling of cookies. If you disable cookies, you can still view the publicly available information on our web site. Cookies can be helpful to you, such as remembering that you have visited our site so we don’t ask you the same question or give you the same information again.
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please drop us a line at [email protected]